Friday, July 12, 2013

Innsbruck: Video

With the free day today and another round of laundry getting finished, I thought I'd upload one more video. This is from a few days ago, back in Innsbruck. You may remember my post(s) about our visit there, including a picture of Jacob in front of the altar at Basilika Wilten. This video is from the impromptu performance that the choir held there, on our way out of town and on to Italy. These cathedral performances are simply amazing; the kids absolutely love it, the band members are all left saying "WOW" and "I've got goosebumps!" A tour bus full of German folks entered the church just before the choir sang, and they enjoyed the performance as well. The acoustics in these old churches give the choir a sound that these kids (and everyone else, really) are just not used to hearing.

This song is "Festival Sanctus." Jacob is fairly close to the center of the video throughout most of it, in the pews on the far side of the church. And yes, I so enjoy these cathedral performances that I uploaded this video over several other videos, even though an elderly German man wanders into the center of the screen halfway through it, and even though uploading it lasted through drying my second load of laundry, lunch, AND a walk about town. But enough whining, here is "Festival Sanctus":


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews