Saturday, July 20, 2013

One Video And A Few Photos...Before Leaving Europe!

Guten Abend from Frankfurt! We are back in the city where we first arrived for our European journey. The tour heads to the airport tomorrow morning (in just a few hours, actually...yikes!) and we fly back to JFK. From there we all will scatter back to our hometowns, some by plane, some by bus back to Elizabethtown, some by car or with family meeting them in New York. What an amazing experience this has been.

It really is late here, but I wanted to give you one more post from Europe. I'm sure that in the upcoming days I will be able to upload more photos and videos from my home, so do not forget about the blog just yet. However, Jacob and I will be flying almost the entire day tomorrow, and we have been sleep deprived for about three weeks now, so...if I did not get something posted now, it might have been a few days before you heard from me again.

So here are a few items I can share before heading back home. I will start with some video from one of my favorite moments on the tour, without question: the choir singing in Notre Dame Cathedral. What an incredible opportunity, and what a wonderful performance. I can and will give more details about this a few days from now (probably in its own post), but here is a video of the choir performing "Festival Sanctus":


In my previous post, I mentioned that we would be visiting the U.S. Cemetery and Memorial in Luxembourg. Here are a few photos from that visit, which included seeing the gravesite of General Patton, having the choir sing a few solemn hymns, presenting two new U.S. flags, and having three of our trumpeters play "Taps."






An amazing experience. Almost everyone was deeply moved by the visit, and it was a terrific reminder of the sacrifices that have been made for everyone on tour to enjoy the freedoms they do.

I am going to keep this post short so I can pack and try to get a few hours of sleep. Au revior, auf wiedersehen, and arrivederci from Europe. The blog will continue, but it will be from my home. I cannot wait to see Jane and Jackson (and Chester)! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews